Trying to transfer credit from your MTN Line? In this post, I will walk you through on how to transfer credit on MTN line the easy way.
Mobile users can share their credit through one simple code and easily complete this simple process within moments.
Follow our guide on how to transfer Credit on MTN to MTN.
Have you heard of Share ‘N’ Sell? This is a cool option available to all current MTN users (prepaid or postpaid). The service lets you send your credit (airtime) to any other MTN number just like USSD Transfer. In other words, this is exactly what you need to use when you want your airtime to be transferred to relatives, family or friends.
- Only Naira amount can be transferred. Kobo transactions are not supported, so your credit should look like 50.00 Naira and not 50.29 Naira.
- It is possible to send from 50 to 5,000 Naira per one transaction.
- The daily transactions are limited to 10,000 Naira per person.
The package includes an extra protection to make sure only the original sender can transfer his or her credit and protect any third party persons from using the sender’s mobile device for this same purpose.
Share ‘N’ Sell is protected with special PIN (personal identifier number) option. Originally, all people have the same number of four zeros (0000). It is impossible to share money using this ‘default option. Anyone who wishes to enjoy the benefits of the service has to apply some changes before transferring the credits.
How to alter original MTN Share ‘N’ Sell protective code
- Think about your new PIN code. Your new four numbers should be complicated, not like 1234 or 5678. Let’s say you decided to use 5894 as your PIN number (remember it’s your idea, so come up with your own code).
- Direct the text message in this format ‘default new new personal identifier number’ (in our case, this message would look like ‘0000 5894 5894’) to 777.
- You should at once get a text response that says that the PIN modification was successful.
There is also an alternative method how you can modify the personal identifier number: call *600*0000*5894*5894# (where four zero is the original code and 5894 is your new PIN) – press ‘ok’ to complete.
How to transfer Credit on MTN
Enjoy two different methods (real time-savers) when it comes to sharing credit from one MTN line with another.
1: MTN credit transfer code
- Send SMS message to 777 number. The message should include the word ‘Transfer’ and the phone number of the person who will receive your credit, the credit amount and your PIN code (the one you have changed).
- Let’s say you want to send 1,000 Naira to MTN phone 08035555555 and your PIN is 5894. Type in this message on your device: Transfer 08035555555 1000 5894
- Now just send it to number 777.
- Once the text message is sent you will get a confirmation request from MTN network. The word ‘YES’ must be returned to the same number 777 to complete this operation.
2: Transfer by phone call
- Remember the figure *600* – call it once you add the additional information (the airtime recipient, credit, your PIN code).
- Once again, if you are planning to transfer 1,000 Naira to MTN phone 08035555555 and your PIN is 5894, you need to dial *600*08035555555*1000*5894#.
- You should get an SMS that tells you the transaction was successfully completed.
This is a great deal, anyone will love these simple MTN airtme transfer feature, however, the mobile operator will also charge additional fees the service’s user must be aware of. Each transaction costs some money:
- 50-100 Naira credit – 3 Naira transaction fee
- 101-500 Naira credit – 5 Naira transaction fee
- 501-5000 Naira credit – 10 Naira transaction fee
This is everything you should know about sending airtime from one MTN number to another MTN phone number. Just use the popular Share ‘N’ Sell option to send your recharge money to people you love as quickly as possible.