So there are cases where we can drop our phones mistakenly inside water, be it in our bathroom, kitchen or even diving into a pool forgetting we have our phone in our pocket.
If you happen to fall into any of the scenarios above, don’t panic as there is still a chance that you can recover your phone from being damaged.
Keep these tips in mind for when it happens.
1. Do not turn the phone back on immediately, if the device is still on after the drop in water, power if off ASAP.
2. Remove all peripherals from the device (back cover, case, battery, headphones and any other)
3. Extract the SIM card and any SD cards it carries, leaving ports or covers on your handset open to aid ventilation.
4. Dry off everything with a towel, including the exterior of your handset, being careful not to let any water drain into openings on the phone.
5. Put the phone in a bow or a bag of rice and leave it there for about 24 hours before turning it back on.
And if after all this, the phone still did not work, contact the nearest technician close to you.