Duncan Wene Mighty Okechukwu, simply known as Duncan Mighty is the Nigerian hitmaker whose songs are mostly influenced by the culture and sound of his tradition and people, Duncan Mighty is a Nigerian singer/record producer/musician who has won many hearts of people with his songs.
Duncan has five successful studio albums and a few of high-profile collaborations with popular artists such as Jamaican DJ/singer Shaggy, Tiwa Savage, Mr. Raw Nwanne, Sandaz Black, Timaya, Wizkid, Erigga and many more.
See list of Duncan Mighty’s songs here
Facts You Need To Know About Duncan Mighty
- Duncan Mighty received three nominations in 2011 at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for his works – Afamefuna and I Don’t Give A Shot. He eventually won Indigenous Artist of the Year at the award ceremony.
- The Port Harcourt-born singer was honored for his contribution to the music industry at the 4th annual Odudu Music Awards. Other artists who were also honored at the events are Sodi Cookey, M-Trill, Becky Enyioma, and Timaya.
- Wene Mighty is a father of two lovely children, following his marriage to his sweetheart, Vivien on 25 July 2015. The couple’s wedding ceremony was attended by invited guests only and also had in attendance music elites such as gospel singer Sammie Okposo.
- The singer is a United Nations (UN) Peace Ambassador.
- Duncan Mighty is also called “Port Harcourt First Son”.
- His local name, Wene, means brotherhood while Wene Mighty means togetherness, according to the singer.
- In 2012, he was nominated for African Artist of the Year at Ghana Music Awards.
- His record label, Young Wealth Records, was founded in 2014.